Monday, January 13, 2014

Getting it right!

Well, the Regency Ball is less than a week away, and I have been sewing fast and furious. I recently tried on my dress to show my daughter who is also attending the big event. And, it's a good thing I did. The dress, though I do not have voluminous hips, was too tight! Ouch! Thank Heavens...she had a perfect solution, and one that actually enhanced the gown. So, out came the seam-ripper, and I had to get busy all over again.




Now, there is the question of accessories, shoes, jewelry, fan, hairdos and hair ornaments. As my daughter, states, if you miss a step on the dance floor, no one will care, but to miss a step in one's ensemble, is very bad indeed. You don't want to be accused of putting on a Halloween costume. These are historically-accurate period gowns! I told her I had a lovely fan to bring with, and was told, "Oh, no. That one is Victorian!" Though it can be frustrating to hear a criticism, she is absolutely right!


I'm sorry I cannot post any pictures today. Something is wrong with my site, but I wanted to inform you that I am preparing for the upcoming weekend, and hope to attend in great style. Also, a special thanks to my http://dressedintime.blogspot.com daughter for helping me to get it right!

1 comment: