Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Providing Quality Goods since 1707

I know it's not even time for Thanksgiving, and yet I am receiving all kinds of advertising in the mail for Christmas shopping. I usually toss them, but the other day I received a "dignified" envelope in the mail, with familiar gold embossed seals at the upper left hand corner. Those familiar seals are the lovely "By Appointment to the Queen" royal warrants for exceptional service, or for patronage by the royal family.

I looked again, and saw that the letter came from Fortnam & Mason, the beloved store off Piccadilly Circus, home to first-rate coffee, tea, glace fruit, honey, jam, nuts, confections, chocolates, all beautifully packaged and ready for shipment all over the world. AND, that's just what's on the first floor of this world-renown emporium.

The basement carries wines, spirits, cured meats, olive oil, vinegars, mustards, basically anything savory and lovely on your hors d'oeuvre table.

Upstairs, you will find men's and women's sundries, perfumes, quality stationary, gift items including porcelain, crystal, etc etc.

Fortnam & Mason's carries everything the lady or gentleman would want for themselves or for distinctive gifts.

I was delighted to open the envelope and see a gracious invitation to shop at the store, a quiet advertisement for quality goods. They speak for themselves. Makes me want to go on-line, and see what I could possibly purchase.
Of course the shipping costs are a killer across the pond, but when you have been supplying the elite with lovely merchandise since 1707, well, I guess this is the way it goes. The price you pay, as it were, to enjoy the very best! How nice to know that Fortnam has been going strong for over 307 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment