Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Pudding: A Good Thing

I really love Christmas steamed pudding. It screams the holidays! In fact, I was recently gifted one by a friend, and I am looking forward to using it, perhaps for Christmas Eve along with a good glass of scotch whiskey or a nice port, when midnight rolls around, and I open Christmas gifts. Yumm, and Yay!

I mean, I don't like it enough to paint my nails in tribute (though the nails at right are kind of cute, right?), or get out the knitting needles and make ornaments (though these look tempting), but it is a wonderful thing to have for Christmastime.



I found an interesting recipe for you here, Plum Pudding, from the Cookbook of Unknown Ladies, an 18th Century London publication. I like the spelling! Of course, nowadays, all the ingredients are measured out, but this is kind of fun. It's up to the individual cook to play with the recipe, and make it ones very own! Good luck!

Stone one pound of raisons. Add one pound of fresh suet, the yolks and whits of twelve eggs. Beat up very well. When that is don, put in the suet and one naggin of brandy and a nutmeg. Their must be a bout tow spoonfulls of fower mixed with the raisins and the must be put in the last. It well take at least four hours boyling. Their must be too spoonfull of brown sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment