Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Nomination for Blogging!

I was recently nominated for a blogging award by my friend over at http://dressedintime.blogspot.com.  I am thrilled and want to thank her so very much for including me among some wonderful and much respected blogs! This blogging endeavor is really a labor of love, and so much goes into it, trying to bring interesting and different things to share with those of common interest, finding the right pictures to go with, having enough time to spend. It's nice to know that I have been acknowledged. I don't, at least to this point, get many comments back, but I do see through my "dashboard" that loads of people from many different places around the world do read my installments. It makes me very happy!

So, that being said, I must do the following:
A) Thank the one who nominated me! And, put the Versatile Blogger logo on this post. Done!

B) Tell 7 related things about me, so here goes:
1) Every now and then, I become obsessed with something, and then I must find out everything I can. This first time this happened to me was with the movie Amadeus. After seeing it, I had to know as much as I possibly could. Over the years I have bought countless CD's, purchased a book about Mozart each year to mark his birthday, a Mozart birthday bash for friends, though I have been remiss the past couple years. His birthday is January 27, and there's a bit of holiday burn out going on.
2) Obsession #2 - Master and Commander. There are 20 books total of the adventures of Capt. Aubrey and Dr. Maturin, 18th Century British Naval History, of course. I have read 18 of the 20. They are outstanding reads, by Patrick O'Brian.
3) Obsession #3 - King Henry VIII. It began with The Tudors, Showtime mini-series. I visited Hampton Court this year - amazing. Now reading The Lives of Henry VII's Wives by historian David Starkey - totally informative, accurate.
4) On a different note, I love a good single-malt scotch, and try to find good selections to share with friends when the pocketbook allows. The Balvenie is a favorite. Their website is wonderful.
5) I have been playing guitar for over 15 years. Began with the blues (simple but addictive), on to jazz (intermediate), but have settled into classical Spanish or baroque pieces. They are intricate and keep me on my toes. With any musical instrument, playing is always "a work in progress". You are never finished, or have it down totally.
There is ALWAYS room for improvement.
6) I love the chance to wear a costume. Being Halloween season, it's an appropriate thing to say. But it's true. The inspiration, the planning, the getting it all together is exciting. Playing the part is a joy. I guess it's part of the artistic temperment.
7) Finally, I love to travel. I would be ready in a heart-beat to jump on a plane and go. Only work, and finances, of course, have something to say about getting down the suitcase at a moment's notice! Ha ha!

C) I'm supposed to nominate some blogs as well:
1) http://dressedintime.blogspot.com
2) http://twonerdyhistorygirls.blogspot.com/
3) http://betweennapsontheporch.net/
4) http://boston1775.blogspot.com/
5) http://researchingfoodhistory.blogspot.com/
I know you're supposed to nominate about 15, but these are the ones I follow regularly.

Anyway, I again thank Dressed In Time for thinking of me, and all of you who follow me.
Gratefully yours,
Enlightened Age Blogger




















No comments:

Post a Comment